Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hey girlfriend!

I am blessed with the BEST group of girlfriends. Or should I say group(s).

When I moved to Ohio in 2006, I left behind not only my family, but also all of my best friends. Granted, we were all in different cities in different colleges, but we had all gone through high school together, and remained the best of friends through our college years. We talked every day and spent most weekends together. And the summers? Summers were the best. We lived at the beach where we spent our days soaking up the sun, and our nights at beach bars. We lived the life. 

Even though it's been almost 8 years since I left NC, I still think about all of these girls all of the time. When we get together for a wedding, party, or baby shower, it's like no time has passed. Our group texts make my day. And when we talk on the phone, it's like we were just together yesterday. These are the friends that you can always count on, no matter where you are or what's going on in your life. You know they'll always be there. "It's not goodbye, it's see ya later."

I miss each and every one of you more than you know, and I am so excited for all of the upcoming events! 










They made the long trip to Ohio for our wedding!




They were there the night we announced we were expecting Tinley! 



NC meets OH at my Bachelorette Party!





I moved to Ohio not knowing anyone. Literally, I knew Justin and his family, and that was it. 

How I landed the best girlfriends is beyond me, but I am so grateful I did! These girls are the girls I talk to on a daily basis; that I can count on for anything; and vent to if I need to. And, these are the girls that have become our family. And now, we're all raising our kids together. It's so fun watching your kids grow up with your friend's kids. It's the best really. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us, and make so many more wonderful memories with these ladies.













I don't know how or why I was blessed with 2 AMAZING groups of girlfriends, but I am so thankful for each and every one of them. I love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover