Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I'm back!

Oh, hey there blogging world, I'm back after a 12 day hiatus. What's been going on around the Slater house lately? Oh, you know, just having a baby! But, most of you follow me on Facebook and Instagram, so you already knew that. For those of you that don't, let me bring you up to speed...

On May 3rd, I was 39 weeks. I know. Holy basketball, right?!


We spent our final Saturday evening as a family of 3 bowling with some friends. Apparently it's tradition to go bowling the Saturday night before I'm induced because we did the exact same thing with Tinley! We had to have a re-do of a picture we took back in 2012. So funny!


I went to my checkup Monday morning and got the green light from my doctor that we would be able to be induced that night, which was a good thing, because Justin's family was already in town! After a big dinner out with all of our family and a Sonic milkshake run, we headed to the hospital. 

Basically it's like checking into a hotel room for the night. They get you comfortable, and hook you up to all kinds of machines to monitor your vitals and the baby's vitals, along with your contractions. And then, they proceed to come into your room at what seems like every hour, poking you with IV's, taking your blood pressure, and making sure you're comfortable and getting some sleep; which the answer is obviously "no." But, you are preparing to have a baby, so lack of sleep is something you might as well get used to now. 

Yes, I took a hospital selfie. No judging. Yes, the hospital lights made me look fantastic at 11 pm. No, I did not look this good after giving birth. Don't I wish?!

So, I got the best sleep I could get. Mind you, my dear husband was on the pull out couch, snoozing away, oblivious to the nurses visits. Around 7:30 am, my doctor came in to break my water. Weirdest feeling ever. I received my epidural, AKA- the best thing ever invented at 8:30 am, and around 10 minutes later, was dilated completely to a 10. I was ready! However, my doctor was in surgery, so I had to wait over an hour for him to come to our room! He finally arrived, and after a few quick pushes, Mr. Crew Michael entered the world!


He weighed 7 lbs even and was 20 1/2 inches long. He couldn't be more perfect!



Tinley is the best big sister already. She is absolutely smitten with her little brother, and is constantly saying "I wanna see baby." She drags her stool over to wherever we are with him and just stares, trying to kiss his head or tickle his feet. It really is the cutest thing. 

She's being such a good helper too. She brings me a diaper or wipes when I need them, throws diapers away, and last night, she even helped feed him for the first time. Our transition from 1 to 2 so far can't possibly get any better. 




This past Sunday, I enjoyed my first Mother's Day as a mommy of 2. And, it was even more special because my own mom was in town, and we haven't spent Mother's Day together in years. We enjoyed a delicious lunch out, and spent the afternoon relaxing. It couldn't have been a more perfect day with my perfect family. 





So, that's what's been going on lately around here. I'm going to apologize for any future absences up front, but I'll try not to let it happen again. I hope you all have been doing well and enjoyed your Mother's Day with your own families!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on Mr. Crew! So glad you're doing so well and you had a great mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, he really is a doll baby!! And I can't believe your induction went so quickly, mine took two days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your sweet new addition! What a fun Mother's Day I'm sure it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Mr Crew! And you look fantastic in the green dress, not like you just gave birth! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Mother's Day! Oh my gosh, you look amazing in that dress. Way to bounce back like a pro, I'm not jealous or anything.... =) But wow!

    I love seeing all your pics on IG and it is SO cute how great of a big sister T is!! You are making 2 look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower, and congratulations on the new addition! He is very handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover