Wednesday, July 31, 2013

GiGi and Papa Jeffy's Visit

My parents came for a long weekend visit during Corey and Clare's wedding, and it was such a huge help having them here. Since I was in the wedding, that meant lot's of running around and preparing, and not having to cart Tinley everywhere was a lifesaver. Thanks guys!

They arrived Wednesday afternoon, and we immediately headed to Manny's, one of our local favorites for lunch. After that, we headed to the grocery store to stock up on a few goodies, and then home to relax and wait for Justin to get home. We had a fish fry that evening, a treat for my parents, since they don't get fried walleye very often. And my hubby makes the BEST! Yum. 

Thursday, my mom and I took T to Soak City water park for the day. It was so HOT, we only ended up staying for a few hours, but we had nail appointments that afternoon anyway with the bride-to-be and a few other girls, so it worked out perfectly. It was still a great time, and I know my mom enjoyed playing with Tinley and seeing how much she loves the sand and water! That evening, we went to dinner at another local favorite, Thirsty Pony. I can't believe we've never taken my parents there before! Our friend, TJ met us out for a bit too. It was such a fun night. 

Friday included lot's of wedding planning, starting with Jamy and I making breakfast for the salon the next morning and working on some favors, so my mom and Jeff watched Tinley, and Jamy's two girls, Addison and Ashlyn for a bit. They played hard and I know my mom was worn out, but she had fun. That evening, Justin and I went to the rehearsal and dinner, so my parents took Tinley downtown to Water Street for dinner, and then walked around looking at the antique cars. They do that every Friday night downtown, and Jeff was in Heaven! Sandusky is just such a fun place to live in the summer!

Saturday and Sunday flew by with the wedding and preparing to go home, and as always, their trip went by way too fast. I hope they had as much fun as we did, and we can't wait to see them both in October hopefully!















4 comments:

  1. Your whole family is just adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute family!! New follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much! And thanks for following! :o)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover