Friday, May 10, 2013

Cabo: Part 1

Justin and I headed to Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, early April 27th. Our flight left Cleveland at 6 am, meaning we had to leave our house around 3 am. Meaning I had to get up at 2 am. And, of course, Tinley decided to wake up around midnight with a fever. I think I got about an hour of sleep. I was so hesitant to leave our sweet girl, but she was in good hands, and we had been looking forward to this vacay for months. So, off we went for a week-long excursion to our favorite paradise without our baby for a week. Okay, so, I recommend every parent doing this. Maybe it's not as much of an extravagant or long trip away, but it was good for both Tinley, and us, to get away, and I'm so glad we did. Of course, we are looking forward to lot's of family trips to Disney World and the beach, but getting away without Tinley is also important, even if it's just for a short weekend get-a-way. My fabulous guest bloggers touched on this subject too, and they said it better than I ever could, so ladies, thank you! I hope you enjoyed reading their posts as much as I did! And now, without further adieu, here are some pics from our Cabo trip...

First off... where is Cabo?

Cabo is on the tip of Baja California. It's still considered part of Mexico, although it's not mainland Mexico. It's not dangerous at all, and the Drug Cartel is pretty much non-existant in Cabo, so it's very safe to leave your resort. We even walk around downtown at night without any worries. It's very touristy, and very luxurious! I know I've said it before, but if you've never been, GO! And if you've been, GO AGAIN!


Just look at that view from our balcony! Gorgeous!


At the airport
 
Finally boarded! Looking pretty good for no sleep!


At the lobby bar waiting to check in. We arrived!




Our first night out: Maro's Shrimp House & The Nowhere Bar to see our favorite bartender, Francisco! We met him on our honeymoon in 2010, and we still keep in touch! 


Justin's lunch at The Office one afternoon! Amazing!


A relaxing pool day!


Fun in the sun!




The best Italian you'll ever eat: Salvatore's!



Fun at Medano Beach one day. This is where you can swim in the ocean, and where some of the best beach bars are.


One of our favorite restaurants: Alexander's
This is why Justin likes it so much.... this view!


Our last night out and saying goodbye to Francisco!


Our favorite waitress, Iveth, and last walk to breakfast



One last picture in Cabo and landing in Cleveland. Vacay is over. 











5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the virtual vacation, Kel!I want to go there NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Found it through Denise from Gratefully Inspired. I am a southern blogger too from South Carolina. Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari, thanks for following! I do miss my southern hometown, and love fellow southern bloggers! :o) Can't wait to follow you! Happy Monday! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've been to Cabo once, except I was only one-year-old, so I can't quite say I remember it. Although there are some cute photos from the trip! But I'd love to go back now and experience it as an adult, especially after looking through all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover