Monday, January 21, 2013

Past Few Weekends...

I know, I know, I've been a slacker. I apologize. No excuses. But, we have had a few past busy weekends! Let me get you caught up... 

Last weekend, with Justin being out of town, Tinley and I stayed busy, which was a good thing! Saturday was a beautiful day in Sandusky, almost like spring! All of the snow melted, and the sun was actually out, so we spent some time outside. Tinley absolutely loved it, and I was impressed at how good she could walk on the concrete. She also was very into the grass! 

That night, we had Addison's 5th Birthday party at one of our favorite local pizza places, Chet & Matt's. It was a blast, and Tinley loves being around the girls and other kids. It's always fun to get together with our group of friends, even if just for a few hours and there are kids running around. :o)



 Enjoying the weather Saturday afternoon!

The birthday girl and her sweet fam! Love them!

Addison's Big Girl Bike!

Love these girls to pieces!



Sunday morning, we had to go to a baby shower. Our good friends, Sarah and Jared, are expecting twin girls (really any time, but hopefully at the end of the month!), and we can't wait for them to arrive. The last baby shower I was at was my own, so it was a relief not to be in the hot seat, and to be able to sit back and actually enjoy it! Isn't Sarah glowing?!



Ready for her first baby shower!

Jared, Sarah's mom, Gloria, Sarah, and Jared's mom, Julie

Sarah and all the girls

Opening gifts

The cheetah coats from Kitty were the hit of the party!

Jared entertaining Tinley! He's going to be such a good Daddy.


Seriously, I had major de ja vu going on! All these cuties were at my shower too in November of  2011, and were my little helpers. It's amazing how much they've grown in just a little over a year!


Justin got home late Wednesday night, so this past weekend we wanted to just spend some quality time together before next weekend. (Tinley turns 1 on Thursday, yikes, and we're having all of our family up and having her big bash on Saturday!) Friday night, I cooked Justin's favotite meal, Penne Arrabbiatta, since he hasn't had it in a while, and we just relaxed at home. Saturday, we got up early and headed to Cleveland, which is only about 45 minutes away, to enjoy the Boat Show with the Kressers. Justin and our good friend, TJ, are super into boats and fishing. I mean, really into it. It's what they live for in the summer. So, they were in Heaven at the boat show. But, I have to admit, they had a lot of fun activities for kids too, including a pirate show and a ferris wheel inside. They also had tons of beer and food vendors, so it was a good time for all! I was surprised at how many kids we actually saw there in strollers. Even Tinley had a good time. I think it will become an annual tradition. After all, there aren't too many fun things to do in January in Ohio!



Tons of people!

A Roundhouse Bar tent! Made me feel like we were on PIB! Complete with beer and live entertainment!

Ferris Wheel

Daddy and Tinley taking a break


Sunday, my good friend, Leah and her boyfriend, Brad, stopped over for a visit while they were in town. Leah used to live in Sandusky, but moved to Lakewood, about 45 minutes away , a few years ago, so we don't get together as often as we used to. It's always a good time when she's around, and we miss her so much! She brought Tinley a birthday present, a Disney Princess Precious Moments Collectible Figurine. I can't wait to start a collection for her, they're the cutest things ever! Thanks again Leah, and it was so good to see you guys! 





So, that's what's been going on in my life recently... a lot! And the chaos starts Wednesday, when my parents arrive from NC for the weekend. I absolutely can not wait. I've just about tied up all the loose ends for Tinley's party, and I am so, so excited, but also a little sad. I can't believe our baby girl is going to be 1 already! Where does the time go? You can bet your bottom that I will have TONS of pictures from her party (thanks to our good friend and photographer, Jamie Meyers!) So, that will probably be my next big post! Stay tuned, and happy Monday friends! :o)

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover