Saturday, January 5, 2013

A different kind of New Year's Eve...

Hi friends! Sorry I've once again been MIA for a few days. It's been busy at the Slater household, taking down Christmas, trying to get things rolling for Tinley's birthday party, and getting Justin ready to travel for work. (Boo!) So, needless to say, I haven't had much downtime. Sorry. But, I do now! Justin is all packed, relaxing before his early flight, and Tinley is sleeping away upstairs. 

So, I thought I'd share with you some pics from our New Year's Eve. Normally, it's my favorite holiday. I'm always the one to make plans with our group of friends, whether it be calling to make dinner reservations, coordinating meeting times, or buying the champagne. I love New Year's Eve. I still do. But, this year, we spent it a little differently. And not in a bad way. Sure, we could've found a sitter and gone to one of the few parties held at friend's homes. But, instead, we decided to ring in the New Year with our baby girl. Our friends, Jeremy & Jamy, also have 2 little girls, 2 and 4... (well, almost 3 and 5, wow!) and they play so well with Tinley. She just follows them around and goes with the flow. It's the cutest thing. Anyway, we went over to their house and had a fondue dinner that put The Melting Pot to shame. (If you've never been to The Melting Pot, I highly suggest you go. Immediately.) But, oh, this dinner. We had chicken. We had steak. We had sausage. And, my personal favorite, fried cheese. YUM. It was perfect. Even the girls enjoyed it. For dessert, we even melted chocolate in a pot, and dipped bananas, pretzels, angel food cake, strawberries, pineapple, and marshmellows in it. It was TO DIE FOR. So good. Sinfully good. We even covered a few pretzels and strawberries in chocolate, and saved them for a midnight snack; they went great with the champagne! The girls played all night, well, until about 9, which is still past their bedtime, we enjoyed some adult time and played cards, and had some cocktails, all in the comfort of our good friend's home without having to worry about our baby girl. It was a perfect NYE, and I would've have changed a thing about it. Things definitely are different when you have a baby, but for the better. :o) I hope all of you had a fun and safe NYE. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us. 

PS- Thanks Jeremy & Jeremy, and Addison and Ashy, for such a fun NYE! We had a blast! 


Our Fondue Dinner Setup

Even the girls loved it!

Dessert time!

The chocolate was a hit!

Even Tinley loved it!

Midnight snack!

Getting ready for the countdown!

Our entertainment for the night!

Tinley was wound up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover